A teaching given at The Buddhist Library, Singapore.
Generating a mind of equanimity
- Seeing that our minds are very biased and prejudiced
- Eliminating attachment, aversion, and apathy
- No one is an inherent friend, enemy, or stranger
- Giving up our desire to being right
Seed of enlightenment 01 (download)
Generating bodhichitta: The seven-point instruction on cause and effect
- Letting go of grudges and resentments by thinking of the kindnesses of others
- Respecting and appreciating others for how they’ve benefited us
- Seeing others as our parents through infinite lifetimes
- Developing the great resolve to bring happiness and alleviate suffering
Seed of enlightenment 02 (download)
Generating bodhichitta: Equalizing and exchanging self for others
- Chipping away at the self-centered mind
- Seeing the advantages of cherishing others
- Taking and giving meditation
- Wanting to become a fully enlightened Buddha
Seed of enlightenment 03 (download)
Questions and answers
- In hospice work, how do we help people who have regret and seek forgiveness?
- How do we regain our delight in the Dharma?
- What inspired you to write the book, Working with Anger?
- What is the quickest or easiest way to extinguish my anger?
Seed of enlightenment 04 (download)