A talk given at the Tai Pei Buddhist Centre, Singapore on November 22, 2003.
Transforming the judgmental mind
- How the judgmental mind creates aversion and dissatisfaction.
- Transforming the judgmental mind through Dharma practice.
Love and dislike 01 (download)
The kindness of others
- Recognizing the kindness of others.
- Sharing our spiritual practice with others by being an example of virtue.
- Learning to forgive and transforming harm into the spiritual path.
Love and dislike 02 (download)
Appreciating the kindness of strangers
- We are globally inter-dependent on strangers
- Everything we have or use comes from the kindness and efforts of others
- Learn to appreciate strangers with a heart of kindness
Love and dislike 03 (download)
Questions and answers, part 1
- On forgiving and forgetting.
- Parent-child relationships.
- The existence of life forms when all sentient beings are enlightened.
- Thanking others for their kindness.
- What to do when others return kindness with hostility.
Love and dislike 04 (download)
Questions and answers, part 2
- On karma catching up with us.
- Distinguishing between preventing harm and revenge.
Love and dislike 05 (download)