Saying goodbye to our spiritual teachers
The first of two online talks hosted by Shantideva Center in New York City.
- The Foundation of Buddhist Practice Chapter 4: Choosing Spiritual Mentors and Becoming a Qualified Disciple
- The Foundation of Buddhist Practice Chapter 5: Relying on Spiritual Mentors
- Relying on a spiritual mentor versus guru devotion
- Questions and answers
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama on relating to a spiritual mentor
- How to choose a good teacher
Watch the second talk here:
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.