A teaching given in two sessions organized by Wihara Ekayana Arama in Jakarta, Indonesia, and broadcast via Zoom, Youtube and Facebook Live. In English with Bahasa Indonesia translation.
- The social situation changes but our mind is influenced by the same afflictions
- Dharma practice should affect every aspect of our life
- Study, reflect, practice and integrate the teachings
- Gender equality in the 21st century
- Lay people need to step up to the plate
- Engagement in climate change and environmental issues
- Is desire categorized as suffering?
- Why do we separate ourselves with identity labels?
- Dealing with unrealistic wishes and dissapointment
- How can we work with our mind when we are anxious?
- How do you find the right teacher to learn meditation
Living the Buddha’s teachings in the 21st century Part 1 (download)
- The transmitted dharma and the realized dharma—we need both
- Using the dharma to work with our mind during difficult times
- What do you mean when you talk about laughing at yourself?
- How can we be happy in the face of current conditions?
- How can we plant good seeds in our heart and nourish our Buddha nature?
- Do you need permission from a teacher to chant mantras?
- How can one overcome addiction?
- As a layperson can we help others by sharing the Dharma?
- How can we deal with anxiety due to the pandemic?
- Using the teachings to be calm during online work meetings
Living the Buddha’s teachings in the 21st century Part 2 (download)