Part of a series of talks giving commentary on Lama Tsongkhapa’s Prayer to Reborn in the Land of Bliss given during a retreat on the Amitabha Buddha practice at North Kunsangar Buddhist retreat center in Russia. Hosted by Friends of Sravasti Russia. In English with Russian translation.
- Reflection on identifying the I who wants to attain Buddhahood
- Recognizing the afflictions and how they operate
- The higher meditative absorptions and the superknowledges
- The important kinds of wisdom to be developed on the path
- What is the mechanism of prayer in Buddhism?
- How can you be receptive to the teachings and still investigate?
- Is there an additional practice to develop wisdom?
Prayer to be reborn in Amitabha’s pure land: verses 14-21 (download)