Part of a series of teachings given during the Green Tara Retreat in 2015. During this retreat Venerable Thubten Chodron taught from the text Precious Lamp in Praise of Bodhicitta by Khunu Rinpoche Tenzin Gyaltsen.
- Clarification of points from the previous day’s teachings
- Beginning of the teachings on Khunu Lama Rinpoche’s verses in praise of bodhicitta
- Understanding the benefits of the Buddha’s teachings to motivate our path
- The qualities of a disciple – intelligence, impartiality, eagerness
- Using the three-fold analysis to determine the validity of a teaching
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.