After helping to conduct Venerable Jampa’s ordination in the morning, which was followed by an anagarika ceremony in the early afternoon, a group of Chinese bhikshunis conducted a question-and-answer session with Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Motivation for long-term monastic life
- Cross-cultural experience of practicing Buddhism
- Advice on following a particular Buddhist tradition
- Need for Westerners to gain knowledge of karma and its effects
- Personal experiences shortly after becoming a monastic
- Talking with parents and sharing Dharma with family