100,000 Bows Toward Full Awakening
Practicing with Compassion and Wisdom
A three-part Q&A session with Ajahn Nisabho and Ajahn Kovilo from Clear Mountain Monastery.
- Preliminary practices in the Tibetan tradition
- The image of the “perfect monastic”
- The dichotomy between method and wisdom in our practice
- Analytical meditation and how it relates to metta meditation
- Important aspects of monastic training
- Buddhist debate in the Tibetan tradition
- Staying true to the Dharma in modern times
- Being inspired by spiritual mentors
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.