A series of teachings by Venerable Sangye Khadro given during the Green Tara Retreat at Sravasti Abbey and offered on-line from July 3 to July 10, 2020. The teachings include talks on the Green Tara Practice and commentary on Chapter 9 of Shantideva’s Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds. Venerable Sangye Khadro refers to Root Verses on Chapter 9 with Outline. She also refers to Chapter 9 Commentary by Dragpa Gyaltsen and Supplementary Notes on Shantideva’s Ninth Chapter.
- Reflecting on selflessness to deal with disturbing emotions
- Why selflessness does not undermine karma
- If there is no inherently existent self, then for whom is compassion cultivated?
- How emptiness gives hope for freedom from suffering
- Questions and answers
- Why does karma ripen in future lives?
- Why do some karmas ripen sooner than others?
- Explain the self that exists and the self that doesn’t
- Meditating on the body to establish selflessness of phenomena