A talk given at the New York Buddhist Church in New York, sponsored by the Shantideva Meditation Center.
- Nagarjuna advocated for government policies based on Dharma principles
- Governing in way that benefits the whole society
- Developing government policies based on kindness and compassion
- Desirable qualities of leaders and their advisors
- Nagarjuna is addressing leaders and us as citizens
- Question and answers
- What about giving government aid to those who do not work?
- Balancing government intervention
- Should there be religious advisors for government leaders?
- Maintaining compassion in the face of overwhelming worldly suffering
Was the Buddha and activist? (download)