More thoughts on ethical conduct in the workplace
Lying and our daily lives
These short Bodhisattva’s Breakfast Corner talks were given during the Vajrasattva Winter Retreat from January to April 2014.
- Lying creates causes for others to lie to us
- Ethics require courage
- Value of our ethical standards outweighs money
- Honest companies have happier employees
- Those close to us benefit from our honesty
- Lies break trust
- What to do when people don’t want the truth
- Role of motivation
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.