A series of talks given at the Omega Institute in Rhineback, New York, April 27-29, 2007.
Equanimity and loving-kindness
- Investigating what makes someone a friend, enemy, or stranger
- Cultivating loving-kindness towards ourselves and others
Friendship and community 08 (download)
Questions and answers on equanimity and loving-kindness
- Our responsibility as humans to respond to situations in the world
- How to maintain joyful effort
- The suffering of isolation predominant in the West
Friendship and community 09 (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.