Jan 9, 2017 Online course runs Jan 9 to Mar 13
Wisdom Publications offers a new online course featuring Ven. Thubten Chodron teaching Buddhism: One Teacher, Many Traditions co-written with His Holiness the Dalai Lama
In Buddhism: One Teacher, Many Traditions, His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron give a thorough overview of Buddhism’s core practices and tenets. Respectfully mapping out the paths of the two major Buddhist movements—the Sanskrit traditions of Tibet and East Asia and the Pāli traditions of Sri Lanka and Southeast Asia—they examine the four noble truths, the practice of meditation, the cultivation of love, the meaning of nirvāṇa, and more.
From their presentation, we come to see the common roots of different Buddhist traditions and where they differ.
Ven. Chodron gave oral teachings on this book in 2015 and 2016. Wisdom Academy has edited this course—which is not available anywhere else—to create an in-depth study program that includes:
- 10 lessons, released weekly
- 1-2 hours of video per lesson
- Guided prayers/meditations
- 1 PDF reading per lesson
- A free ebook of Buddhism: One Teacher, Many Traditions
- Quizzes to test your understanding of each lesson
- Access to a discussion forum with an international community of learners
- An innovative, interactive online platform
The course is created, produced, and conducted by Wisdom Publications. There is a tuition fee.
Learn more and register at Wisdom Academy.