Venerable Thubten Tarpa lead this review of Chapter 10 of Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas on the Middle Way. The quiz questions can be found here. This discussion covers questions 10-13.
- Refuting wrong conceptions such as a single cosmic mind, omnipresent self, or the mind as an emergent property of the brain
- Investigating ways the self seems to exist
- Establishing the conventional self as being merely labeled in dependence on the body and mind
- Differentiating between the inherently existent self that does not exist and the merely labeled self that exists in samsara and can attain liberation
- Refuting the annihilation of the self at the time of liberation
- Exploring continuity as a basis for things existing without existing inherently
84 Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas: Quiz part 3 (download)