Keeping enthusiasm on the spiritual path
These teachings on Chapter 7 of Shantideva’s A Guide to a Bodhisattva’s Way of Life were given during a weekend retreat at Vajrapani Institute in Boulder Creek, California, October 17-20, 2014.
- Session 2: Laziness, verses 3-16
- Death, procrastination, and setting clear priorities
- Laziness of adherence to negative actions
- Frivolous distractions
- Gathering the supports for enthusiasm
- Equalizing and exchanging self and others
Joyous effort 02 (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.