Part of a series of teachings on Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas on the Middle Way given on an annual basis by Geshe Yeshe Thabkhe from 2013-2017.
- Causes giving rise to disturbing emotions do not exist by their own entity but are imputed by conceptuality
- Disturbing emotions can be abandoned because we are not inherently bound to their object
- Simply entertaining the positive doubt regarding the conventional and ultimate truth “tears to tatters worldly existence”
- Advice to take an interest in the meaning of emptiness
- Showing the need to understand emptiness in order to attain liberation
- Showing the means to generate renunciation of cyclic existence
- Giving up fear of emptiness by understanding that things exist conventionally
Questions and answers
- Is Verse 136 saying that we get our first inferential understanding of emptiness by generating a multitude of experiences whereby we invalidate existence by way of a thing’s own entity?
- Who or what enables us to make the decision to engage in virtue?