These ebooks contain lightly-edited transcripts of teachings given by Venerable Thubten Chodron at Dharma Friendship Foundation, Seattle, from 1991-1994. They have been organized and formatted by Lai Wee Chiang.
- Volume I: Foundations of the Path
- Introduction to the Lamrim
- How the Teachings Should Be Studied and Taught
- Mind, Rebirth, Cyclic Existence and Enlightenment
- The Six Preparatory Practices
- How to Rely on a Spiritual Mentor
- Precious Human Life
- Volume II: Initial Scope
- Remembering Death
- The Actual Way to Become Mindful of Death
- The Lower Realms
- Taking Refuge
- The Objects of Refuge
- How to Take Refuge
- The Benefits of Having Taken Refuge
- Guidelines for the Practice of Refuge
- 10 Destructive Actions and Their Results
- Constructive Actions and Their Results
- The Intensity of Karma
- Other Ways of Differentiating Actions
- Specific Aspects of Actions and Their Results
- General Advice on Engaging in Positive Actions and Avoiding Destructive Ones
- Volume III: Intermediate Scope
- True Suffering
- The Origin of Suffering
- How the Afflictions Keep Us in Cyclic Existence
- The 12 Links of Dependent Arising
- The Path to Liberation
- Volume IV: Advanced Scope
- Training the Mind in the Stages of the Path for an Advanced Level Practitioner
- Seven Points of Cause and Effect
- Equalizing and Exchanging Self and Others
- The Bodhisatta Vows
- Introduction to the Six Far-Reaching Attitudes
- Joyous Effort
- Meditative Stabilization and Special Insight
- Training in Calm Abiding
- Ripening the Minds of Others
- The Eightfold Noble Path
Seven Tips for a Happy Life
Published in 2015 by Awaken Publishing at Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery, Singapore.
- Live without hypocrisy
- Reflect on your motivation
- Set wise priorities
- Keep ourselves balanced
- Befriend yourself
- It’s not all about me
- Cultivate a kind heart
The Path to Happiness
First published in 1999 by Amitabha Buddhist Centre, Singapore
This book is a compilation of Dharma talks given at the Jade Buddha Temple in Houston, Texas on: practical Buddhism in daily life; dealing with anxiety; and Buddhism in modern society.
Transforming Our Daily Activities
First published in 2005 by Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery, Singapore
Spiritual practice need not be separated from the seemingly mundane activities of daily life.
This book teaches you how to lead a more fulfilling life according to the Buddha’s teachings and transform your daily activities into acts of compassion and loving-kindness. You can live and breathe the Dharma even while at work, driving or doing grocery shopping!
- Preface by Esther Thien, Executive Editor
- Chocolate Frosting and Garbage
- My Favorite Pastime: Complaining
- Speaking about the Faults of Others
- Practicing Buddhism in Daily Life
- Transforming Our Daily Activities (by Lama Zopa Rinpoche. Also entitled “Practicing Dharma in Daily Life”)
- Buddhism in Modern Society
Dealing with Life’s Issues
First published in 2008 by Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery, Singapore
Are you bogged down by life’s many challenges? Ever wondered what Buddhism says about romantic love, marriage, divorce, homosexuality, premarital sex and abortion?
In this book, Ven. Chodron tackles these and other issues, giving clear and succinct answers to the many challenges we face in modern life, from terrorist attacks, natural disasters and global warming, to dealing with the loss of loved ones from terminal illnesses and suicide.
Working with Anger
Venerable Thubten Chodron discusses anger from a wide perspective and shows us how to acknowledge our anger as well as how to handle it and eventually transform it.
Also available in Italian. Download PDF
I Wonder Why
First published in 1988 by Amitabha Buddhist Centre, Singapore
Now published by Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery, Singapore
Open Heart, Clear Mind (Chinese 开阔心，清净心)
Published by Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery, Singapore
Request a copy from Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery.
Open Heart, Clear Mind (Hebrew לב פתוח, תודעה צלולה)
Translated by Yael Shalev
Click here to download.