Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Discussion of examples for four principles
- Benefits of memorization for learning and practicing the dharma
- Structure and purpose of debate
- Importance of balancing study, reflection, and meditation for practicing the dharma
- Different types of role models
- Choosing a role model based on what is suitable for one
53 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Role Models (download)
- How do you know you are angry? How do you recognize anger?
- What are the main points of this week’s teachings on “Memorization and Debate?” Memorize those points.
- Why does Venerable Chodron advise us to write down the main points of every teaching we receive and memorize them?