Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- The importance of continuing to practice even if you have questions and doubts
- Why its helpful to prepare our minds for future unpleasant situations
- Caring for ourselves in reasonable and healthy ways
- The demarcation of what is Dharma practice and what is not
39 Approaching the Buddhist Path: The Importance of Motivation (download)
- We want happiness, but use wrong means to get the happiness we want. What are the “means” that you think bring you happiness, when you are in reality just running on automatic?
- What are possible motivations for actions that bring us lasting happiness?
- What does “being present in the moment” really mean?