Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Daniel Perdue’s book, The Course in Buddhist Reasoning and Logic: An Asian Approach to Analytical Thinking Drawn from Indian and Tibetan Sources.
- The importance of agreed upon guidelines and structure for Buddhist debate
- Traditional Tibetan Buddhist debate behavior and its purpose
- Why most learning comes from debate and how testing occurs in monastic education
- The basic framework of Buddhist debate and knowing when the debate is over
- The five quintessential topics and curriculum of the Geshe degree program
72 The Course in Buddhist Reasoning and Debate: Challengers and Defenders (download)