A series of talks based on An Open-Hearted Life given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in April 2017. Co-written with clinical psychologist Dr. Russell Kolts, the book offers practical Buddhist and Western psychological approaches to developing compassion.
- The importance of an optimistic attitude
- Optimism is a choice of perspective
- With compassion we feel connected to others
- What it means to have compassion for ourselves
- Three categories of emotions and what happens when they are imbalanced
- Compassion and understanding our emotions
- Compassionately understanding others
- What are the boundries on caring too much?
- How can you let go of grudges?
An 0pen-Hearted Life 14: The power of optimism and three types of emotions (download)