A series of talks based on An Open-Hearted Life given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in April 2017. Co-written with clinical psychologist Dr. Russell Kolts, the book offers practical Buddhist and Western psychological approaches to developing compassion.
- How our emotions impact our mind
- Examining how fear and anxiety affect our minds
- The impact of affection and anger on the mind
- Emotions and needs
- Working with the mind to develop positive mental states
- Being careful about the situations you put yourself in
An Open-Hearted Life 13: Compassionate understanding of emotions (download)