Part of a series of talks given at Kurukulla Center in Boston, Massachusetts.
- The four non-virtues of speech
- The importance of catching afflictions as soon as they arise
- The short and long-term effects of harsh speech
- Recognizing self-centeredness and self-grasping as our real enemies
- Exerting consistent effort to overcome habitual behaviors
- Taking advantage of this precious human life by studying Dharma
Note: In the video at around 36:35 the small-group discussion took place off-camera and lasted about 40 minutes, so there is about 40 minutes of silence during that portion of the video. The talk resumes at around 1:13:00.