A series of talks based on Don’t Believe Everything You Think given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in March 2013. The book is a commentary on The 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas.
Reward and respect cause us to quarrel
And make hearing, thinking, and meditation decline.
For this reason give up attachment to
The households of friends, relations and benefactors—
This is the practice of Bodhisattvas.
- Attachment to the four requisites can lead us to manipulate others
- Avoiding the five wrong livelihoods
- The mind of attachment can lead to negative actions
- Contemplating the disadvantages of attachment
- The antidotes to attachment
SDD 33: Reward and respect (download)