Having generated the motivation for a good rebirth, the text turns to creating the causes for that goal. Part of a series of teachings on the Gomchen Lamrim by Gomchen Ngawang Drakpa.
- Understanding karma helps to avoid the extreme of nihilism
- Using mindfulness and introspective awareness to avoid nonvirtue and create virtue
- The five heinous actions and the five parallel heinous actions
- Merit acquired in relation to substances
- The causal and the immediate motivation of an action
- What carries the karma and how does the potency of karma go from action to result?
- How to purify by means of the four opponent powers
Gomchen Lamrim 42: Karma and purification (download)