A talk given during the How to be a Bodhisattva Retreat at Sravasti Abbey in 2015.
- Clarification on the talk about the mindfulness craze
- Sharing a student’s request to speak about racial identity
- How our identities are constructs that cannot be found in our body or mind
- Developing sensitivity to others’ feelings about racial identity
- Responding with compassion when the term “white privilege” is used as an accusation
- Open discussion with retreat participants
07-19-15 White Privilege
The first talk in this retreat series can be found here.