Chapter 1 addresses what to abandon and what to practice to attain upper rebirth and highest good. Part of a series of talks on Nagarjuna’s Precious Garland of Advice for a King.
- Overview of the text and the topics of each chapter
- The six texts in Nagarjuna’s Collection of the Middle Way Reasoning and putting Precious Garland in the context of his works
- Nagarjuna’s texts use two ways to explain emptiness and refute inherent existence
- Explanation of the homage and praise
- How the text fulfills our own purpose and the purpose of others
Precious Garland 01: Introduction and Verse 1 (download)
To obtain a copy of the root text being used for the talks, please write to office [dot] sravasti [at] gmail [dot] com.