This talk was given at the Buddhist College of Singapore Nuns’ Campus to a group thinking of becoming Buddhist nuns. The introduction was given by Venerable Faxun, the head of the Buddhist College Singapore Nuns’ Campus.
- The importance of a clear, long term motivation when becoming a monastic
- The benefits of a renunciate life
- Comparing the life of a lay practitioner to monastic life
- Three things you are not going to like about living in a monastic community
- What it means to train the mind in a monastic community
The importance of monastic training (download)