Talks given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day from March to December 2012.
- Different types of Buddhist meditation and their uses
- Purpose and benefits of stabilizing meditation and analytic meditation in Buddhist practice
- What is done in stabilizing meditation
- Using analytic meditation to come to an accurate understanding of an object or to enhance mental qualities
- Mindfulness meditation and how it is taught and used in a Buddhist setting
- Using mindfulness meditation as taught by the Buddha to eliminate four misconceptions
Buddhism for Beginners 03: Meditation (download)