Part of a series of talks on the bodhisattva ethical restraints. The talks from March 7-10, 2012, are concurrent with the teachings on Nagarjuna given by Guy Newland, which are often referred to in the teachings.
- Auxiliary vows 17-20 are to eliminate obstacles to the far-reaching practice of fortitude. Abandon:
19. Refusing to accept the apologies of others.
20. Acting out thoughts of anger.
- Auxiliary vows 21-23 are to eliminate obstacles to the far-reaching practice of joyous effort. Abandon:
21. Gathering a circle of friends or disciples because of your desire for respect or profit.
22. Not dispelling the three types of laziness (sloth, attraction to destructive actions, and self-pity and discouragement).