Part of a series of teachings on Shantideva’s explanation of the four establishments of mindfulness in Chapter 9 of Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds. These teachings followed directly after extensive teachings on A Presentation of the Establishment of Mindfulness, a text by Gyalwa Chokyi Gyaltsen.
- Verses 83-87 of Shantideva’s Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds
- Review of labelling the body based on the collection of the parts
- How calling the parts of the body “body” is a wrong consciousness
- Anything that is whole (composed of parts) lacks true existence
- The body is like a dream (mere appearance), but we develop attachment or aversion by appearances and our own perceptions
Establishment of Mindfulness 29 (download)