A talk given at Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery in Singapore.
Making wise decisions
- Setting the motivation
- Examining the self-centered attitude and its shortcomings
- Looking at our own faults instead of the faults of others
- How to be able to make wise decisions
- Examine our own body, speech and mind
- Acknowledge our undesirable actions
- Apply antidotes to correct the negative actions
- The importance of keeping precepts and a brief explanation of the five lay precepts
Living a balanced life and making wise choices 01 (download)
Working with the afflictions
- The importance of examining the mind and our motivation
- How to work with anger
- Freeing ourselves from attachment
- Criteria to use and those not to use in making wise decisions
Living a balanced life and making wise choices 02 (download)
Questions and answers
- What happens if the other person shuts the door and refuses to communicate even though I’m trying to communicate with them?
- I have a disability. How does one cope with discrimination?
- What is purification practice and how does it work?
- How do I adopt a balanced view towards colleagues who are mean and trying to make life difficult for me because I have been promoted instead of them?
- Is it being attached or greedy to want the people whom we love to attain enlightenment?
- What can we do as parents to help our children to realize their highest potential?
- How do we balance our lives in terms of money?
Living a balanced life and making wise choices 03 (download)