An interview by Venerable Seogwang Sunim at Sravasti Abbey, in Newport, Washington in December 2007. Venerable Sunim was working on her Ph.D. in transpersonal psychology at the time.
- How do you think meditation practices affect healing?
- What are the most important factors for spiritual growth?
- What are the obstacles that stand in the way of liberation?
- What are the eight worldly dharmas?
- How does individual suffering influence how we see ourselves and others?
- What advice would you give to a monastic who did not experience marriage or sexual relationships before ordination?
- Some masters are in a relationship: what do you think of that?
- Could you comment on the claim of the study that the spiritual development stages of the Mahayana practices are related to the level of deconstructing the boundary between I, the subject, as the perceiver and you, the object, as the perceived?
- Do you have a personal story to share to help myself and others engage in the truth of the Mahayana practice?
Interview by Seo Gwang (download)