A series of teachings on One Hundred and Eight Verses Praising Great Compassion called A Precious Crystal Rosary by Bhikshu Lobsang Tayang given during the Chenrezig retreats at Cloud Mountain Retreat Center and Sravasti Abbey from 2006-2011.
- Three types of dukkha: pain, change, influence of body and mind
- Explanation of related verse from Shantideva’s text that praises compassion
- Commentary on related and powerful verse from Chandrakirit’s text that explains our situation in cyclic existence
- Three types of dukkha with examples
- Look at our body for what it is, how we can use it wisely for Dharma practice
108 Verses 02: Verse 7 (download)
Questions and answers
- Why are we so dense that we keep trying to get happiness from the body but our whole experience is that it does not bring lasting peace?
- The body suffers because the mind is suffering, what about a buddha, bodhisattva, or arhat?
- Are there examples of people who have attained buddhahood?
- How does a lay practitioner know when they are over the hump of attachment?
- What the role of ordination in dealing with attachment?
108 Verses 02: Q&A (download)