A series of teachings on One Hundred and Eight Verses Praising Great Compassion called A Precious Crystal Rosary by Bhikshu Lobsang Tayang given during the Chenrezig retreats at Cloud Mountain Retreat Center and Sravasti Abbey from 2006-2011.
- Background of 108 Verses text
- Characteristics of great compassion
- Great seal of Mahayana
- Gives birth to all realized beings
- Protects our mind from afflictions
- Frees us from dangers of cyclic existence and nirvana (of arhats for personal peace)
- Great compassion is important as seed, water and fruit at the beginning, middle and end of the path
108 Verses 01: Verses 1-6 (download)
Questions and answers
- Why does the verse emphasize “aged mother sentient beings?”
- What are the cognitive obscurations?
- Is non-abiding nirvana the same as non-dual?
- Are bodhisattvas omniscient?
- Are habits of the mind like afflictions?
108 Verses 01: Verses 1-6 Q&A (download)