A talk on how to lay the foundation for the taking and giving (tonglen) practice, given at the Emaho Foundation in Scottsdale, Arizona on September 14, 2005.
- Overcoming the gross discriminating mind
- Recognizing happiness and freedom from suffering for all
- Cultivating compassion
- Reflecting on the kindness of sentient beings
- Seeing all beings as lovable
Questions and answers: part one
- Keeping up the hope
- Managing our own integrity
Questions and answers: part two
- Understanding happiness
- Defining compassion
Questions and answers: part three
- Dealing with the inner brat
- Opening the self
Venerable Thubten Chodron also led a short guided meditation at the same venue on how to still the critical mind.