Excerpts from teachings given at a youth camp at Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery, Singapore on November 10, 2002.
Purpose of meditation (download)
Understanding ourselves and becoming friends with ourselves. Dealing with our afflictive emotions.
Topics raised by the audience (download)
- Separating Buddhist practice and Chinese culture/ tradition
- The characteristics of a Buddha
- Buddha potential
- The meaning of taking refuge
- The Three Jewels
- Differences and similarities between Buddhism and Christianity
Questions & answers part 1 (download)
- On the existence of consciousness without a body
- Belief in rebirth
- Whether thoughts create karma
- How quickly karma ripens
Ten virtuous and non-virtuous actions (download)
The actions the Buddha advised us to practice and refrain from. The benefits of Dharma practice.
How to go about meditation as a beginner.
Questions & answers part 2 (download)
- Meaning of life
- Various Buddhist traditions
- Responding to Buddhist practices we don’t understand
- Types of meditation