Part of a series of teachings given through the Dharma Friendship Foundation in Seattle from January 1995 to April 1996.
- Guided meditation on the mental factors of holding wrong ethics and modes of conduct as supreme, wrong views
- Discussion about these mental factors
- Examples of these mental factors
- How our cultural, religious, and family backgrounds and conditioning lead to wrong views and the effects of such wrong views in our lives
- Need to review the views in light of our knowledge of cause and effect, karma, four noble truths, etc….
- Skillful means to question others’ wrong views and introducing Dharma
- Differences between Buddhism and other religions as well as science, psychology and the wrong conceptions we carry with us into the Dharma
Mind and mental factors 20: Holding wrong ethics, wrong views as supreme (download)