Part of a series of teachings given at Dharma Friendship Foundation in Seattle from January 1995 to April 1996.
- Guided mindfulness meditation, to observe feelings and attitudes arising from bodily and mental sensations
- Discussion on the feelings of attachment and aversion which arise to illustrate first and second noble truths
- Mental factors of feeling, discrimination, intention and contact
- Different ways of classifying these mental factors and examples
- Discussion with the group to develop deeper understanding of these factors
- How mental factors interrelate with each other and with karma
Mind and mental factors 03: Discrimination, intention and contact (download)